Legal search is keyword and phrase-based which can be labour intensive for legal professionals to find documents that are conceptually relevant to a given case. With current search technology, lawyers must rely on their manual query construction skills which varies from person to person.
Today’s legal search is word and phrase-based. It can be labour intensive for legal professionals to find documents that are conceptually relevant to a given case. With current search technology, lawyers must rely on their manual query construction skills which can vary from person to person.
ADAPT came up with a solution to enable relevant search results to be located more efficiently by creating a knowledge graph that maps legal documents with legal concepts. This solution returned to a lawyer’s relevant past court cases to help them build their legal strategy. We did this using an ontology of legal concepts built by German legal experts and a concept search index that maps those legal concepts to documents.
Outputs: System which analyses queries and documents to automatically identify relevant legal concepts and produces a document knowledge graph for analysis.
1) Reduces lawyers’ time spent on background legal research
2) Better user experience through efficient document retrieval
3) Helps legal experts identify new legal concepts
4) Designed with legal professionals’ information needs in mind
1) Specialised-Domain Search: Using ontologies for specialised document search e.g. Medical reports, retail catalogues, risk reports, research papers, technical reports
2) Ontology Test Bench: A platform to test the readiness and completeness of a specialised ontology
On tomorrow morning! ⬇️ https://twitter.com/HumanPlusTCD/status/1637785631513255938