Location: Trinity College Dublin
Level: Senior Research Engineer
Post Title: Senior Research Engineer - SyzeAI
Duration: Approximately 12 months (Full-Time)
Location: ADAPT Centre, Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin
Reports to: Commercial Lead
Salary: €37,874 to €49,049 per annum (depending on experience)
Closing Date: Until Filled
The full job description can be found here.
The successful candidate will be required to take up the post as soon as possible.
Informal enquiries about this post should be made to by e-mail to: email@example.com
The ADAPT Centre, the centre for digital media technology, is seeking to appoint a Senior Research Engineer, to lead the engineering of this research into product. As Senior Research Engineer, you will manage a small team of engineers and researchers. You will be working on an Enterprise Ireland funded project to commercialise research that addresses the issue of size and fit in fashion e-commerce. It is anticipated that this project will result in a start-up company that will spin out from the university.
Syze is a sizing tool for online apparel shopping. Currently, returns dominate online shopping. Whilst free returns are easy for consumers, they are costly to retailers and don’t deal with the underlying issue, that of size and fit.
We are building a future where consumers can confidently shop online with greater ease and where brands can sell more efficiently. To do so we are building a system which accurately measures people through two images, subsequently offering sizing recommendations on a brand’s site. In short, we ensure that only the right sized clothes are bought.
Emerging from research at Trinity College Dublin and the ADAPT Centre, we are searching for an experienced Senior Research Engineer to lead the engineering of this research into product. As Senior Research Engineer, you will be responsible for overseeing Syze’s technical roadmap.
Standard Duties and Responsibilities of the Post
- Design and build the technical architecture and infrastructure necessary to enable the successful deployment of our sizing tool.
- Manage the product roadmap and technical risks whilst ensuring the timely delivery of goals.
- Work with our users, partners, and other stakeholders at Syze and ADAPT to develop the sizing tool.
- Work with the CEO to hire and train new team members.
- Develop and manage the processes necessary to allow the team to operate effectively.
- You are comfortable with high levels of autonomy, are proactive, and thrive in uncertain and ambiguous environments.
- You are motivated by difficult problems and eager to bring a new product to market.
Knowledge & Experience (Essential & Desirable)
- Previously held senior engineer, team leader or scrum-master role.
- Comfortable with the full software development cycle and DevOps practices.
- A strong sense of product design and intuition about customer needs.
- Are thoughtful about code quality, test-driven development and software architecture.
- Are familiar with computer vision techniques and methods.
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in English.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Full-stack development experience.
- Agile development.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Computer and peripherals of your choice
- A fast-paced environment with impactful work
- Day Nursery
- Travel Pass Scheme
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Sports Facilities
- 22 days of Annual Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Training & Development
- Staff Discounts
Please submit a Cover Letter and CV which includes below:
- a link to your LinkedIn Profile and
- addresses how you meet the criteria set out above
- a link to your previous projects