Location: Trinity College Dublin
Post Status: Specific Purpose Contract – 12 months Full-time
Reports to: Prof. Anil Kokaram
Salary: €38,631 to €49,048 per annum (depending on experience)
Hours of Work: 40
Closing Date: 26 Nov 2020 (or until filled)
Arama uses AI and computer vision to automate the televising of soccer games. Emerging from emanating from the research of Prof. Anil Kokaram (https://www.tcd.ie/eleceng/mmt/people/akokaram/), we are searching for an experienced senior engineer to lead the engineering of this research into product.
The Senior Engineer will lead the technical aspects of the projects with responsibility for overseeing Arama’s technical roadmap and managing a small team of engineers and researchers.
Informal enquiries about this post should be made to by e-mail to: Donal Scannell (email@example.com)
Standard Duties and Responsibilities of the Post
- Design and build the technical architecture and infrastructure necessary to enable the successful deployment of our sizing tool.
- Manage the product roadmap and technical risks whilst ensuring the timely delivery of goals.
- Collaborate with our users, partners, and other stakeholders at Arama and Adapt to develop the sizing tool.
- Work with the Commercial Lead to hire and train new team members.
- Develop and support the processes necessary to allow the team to operate effectively.
The position is funded through by Enterprise Ireland.
The successful candidate should be comfortable with high levels of autonomy, be proactive, and thrive in uncertain and ambiguous environments. Candidates should be motivated by difficult problems and eager to bring a new product to market.
Candidates appointed to this role should hold a Masters in Computer Science or Engineering and previous experience in a senior engineer, team leader or scrum-master role.
Knowledge & Experience
- Comfortable with the full software development cycle and DevOps practices.
- A strong sense of product design and intuition about customer needs.
- Are thoughtful about code quality, test-driven development and software architecture.
- Are familiar with computer vision techniques and methods.
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in English.
- Full-stack development experience
- Agile development
Skills & Competencies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in English. (essential)Proven ability to prioritise workload and work to exacting deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Computer and peripherals of your choice
- A fast-paced environment with impactful work
- Day Nursery
- Travel Pass Scheme
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Sports Facilities
- 22 days of Annual Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Training & Development
- Staff Discounts
Background on ADAPT
The ADAPT Centre, a world-leading SFI Centre, is Ireland’s global centre of excellence for digital content technology funded through Science Foundation Ireland’s Centres programme. ADAPT combines the expertise of over 300 researchers across eight Higher-Education Institutes (Trinity College Dublin, Dublin City University, University College Dublin, Technological University Dublin, Cork institute of Technology, Athlone Institute of Technology, Maynooth University and National University of Ireland, Galway) with that of its industry partners to produce ground-breaking digital content innovations. The ADAPT Centre executive function is co-hosted between Trinity College Dublin and Dublin City University. ADAPT brings together more than 300 researchers who collectively have won more than €100m in funding and have a strong track record of transferring world-leading research and innovations to more than 140 companies. ADAPT partners are successfully advancing the frontiers of Artificial Intelligence (AI), content analysis, machine translation, personalisation, e-learning/education, media technologies, virtual and augmented reality, and spoken interaction, as well as driving global standards in content technologies.
Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin
Trinity is Ireland’s premier university, with a proud tradition of excellence stretching back to its foundation in 1592. The oldest university in Ireland, and one of the oldest in Europe, today Trinity sits at the intersection of the past and the future, and is ideally positioned as a major university in the European Union. Our 47-acre campus is located in the heart of Dublin city centre and is home to historic buildings dating from the University’s establishment, as well as some of the most cutting-edge teaching and research facilities in Ireland. Students at Trinity benefit from a unique educational experience across a range of disciplines in our three faculties Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Engineering, Mathematics and Science; and Health Sciences. The pursuit of excellence through research and scholarship is at the heart of a Trinity education, and our researchers have an outstanding publication record and strong record of grant success. To find out more about [Text Box: Application Procedure Applicants should submit a full Curriculum Vitae and Cover via https://apply.adaptcentre.ie/apply.php?jobID=SE-ARAMA] TCD visit: www.tcd.ie.