Location: Trinity College Dublin
Duration: 18 months
Salary: €47,500 - €52,500
Hours of Work: 40
Closing Date: 12 Noon (Irish Standard Time), 3 Mar 2020
Application Procedure :Applicants should submit a full Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter to include the names and contact details of 2 referees (including email addresses).
To apply please click HERE!
Candidates should reference RF-TrustMLNLP
This is a unique opportunity to join a research group that has pioneered personalisation research. You’ll also be working with ADAPT and EU wide researchers researching and designing novel methods to create and manage technologies focused on increasing trust using Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing.
You will be working with a wide field of researchers in the fast changing and highly interdisciplinary space of social network. You’ll also work alongside the best and brightest talent in language technologies, content analytics, data analytics, adaptivity, personalisation, interoperability, translation, localisation and information retrieval.
As a university-based research centre, ADAPT also strongly supports continuous professional development and education. In ADAPT you will develop as researcher, technically and scientifically. In addition, ADAPT will support you to enhance your confidence, leadership skills and communication abilities.
Standard Duties and Responsibilities of the Post
Reporting to the Principal Investigator the Researcher will:
- Conduct a specified programme of research under the supervision and direction of the Principal Investigator (PI).
- Support the PI and research group in the design, development and implementation of the research programme.
- Conduct research in the areas of Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing.
- Substantially contribute to the identification of external funding sources and assist in the writing of grant proposals.
- Mentor, assist and supervise postgraduate research students as required.
- Assist the PI in the management/co-ordination of key aspects of the research programme (e.g. financial management, reporting, equipment management, etc.).
- Engage in the dissemination of the results of the research in which he/she is engaged to the wider research community with the support and under the supervision of the Principal Investigator.
- Engage in appropriate training and development opportunities as required by the Principal Investigator, the School or Research Centre, or the University.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders including academic and industry partners/collaborators as appropriate.
- Carry out administrative work associated with the programme as necessary.
- Produce top-quality journal and conference publications, in collaboration with the Principal Investigator (PI).
- Support the PI in consortium meetings throughout the European Union.
This position is funded through EU H2020 Projects
Informal inquiries should directed to Bilal Yousuf (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The candidate should have a PhD/MSc and a research record in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing, with publications in the main conferences/journals and studying trust related behavior and interactions.
Knowledge & Experience
- A record of international peer-reviewed publication and presentation in top-tier conferences
- Strong interest in and knowledge of Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing related challenges both technical and societal
- Participation in writing of grant applications
- Desire to learn about new products, technologies and keep abreast of new products and technical and research developments
- Experience in conducting survey and lab studies to understand trustworthiness in relation to social networks.
- Mentoring of research students
- Understanding of Social Graph theory
- Experience in Personalised content delivery
- Understanding of decentralised computation
- Basic understanding of computational trust concepts
- Experience in open source libraries for high performance numerical computation (e.g. TensorFlow)
- Basic experience in IoT based sensor technology (Smart Environments)
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in English
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
Furhter details can be found here.