Location: Dublin City University
Post-duration Fixed Term Contract up to 18 months
Salary: €37,874 – €49,048 per annum
Closing date: 22nd August 2020
The Project and Role
This project presents the successful candidate with the opportunity to work in an exciting, fast moving and excellent technical environment, playing a guiding role in a research project. The motivation of the team is to grow this research-led initiative into effective commercialisation of the research work products.
The role will also include an opportunity to carry out research in neural network interpretability, specifically focusing on evaluating the syntactic information encoded in popular deep learning architectures. In addition, the Postdoctoral Researcher will co-supervise, with the Principal Investigator, a PhD student working on the same topic.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to her/his Principal Investigator the Postdoctoral Researcher will:
- Devise new analysis techniques for probing neural networks
- Design new test sets for neural networks
- Evaluate the linguistic capability of neural nets using the following test applications: grammaticality/acceptability judgements, sentiment analysis, surface realisation and machine reading comprehension
- Assist the Principal Investigator in PhD supervision
- Engage in the dissemination of the results of the research in which he/she is engaged with the support of and under the supervision of the Principal Investigator.
- Engage in appropriate training and development opportunities as required by the Principal Investigator, the School or Research Centre, or the University.
- Complete administrative work associated with the programme of research as necessary.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required
- Candidate will hold a minimum of a PhD degree in Computational Linguistics or related discipline with excellent programming skills.
In addition, it is desirable that a candidate has skills in:
- Grammaticality/acceptability judgements, sentiment analysis, natural language generation
- Established student supervision
- Designing and running experiments on high-performance computing clusters
- A strong publication record of international peer-reviewed publication and presentation in top-tier conferences and journals.
- Excellent research skills with experience neural approaches to Natural Language Processing including sentiment analysis, natural language generation and grammaticality judgements
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.