Location: Trinity College Dublin
Level: Post-Doctoral Researcher
Salary: (€38,631 - €45,942)
Contract duration: 12 months
Closing date: 30th April 2021
The ADAPT Centre seeks to appoint a Postdoctoral Research Fellow to conduct research in the area of data governance (Transparent Digital Governance research strand (ADAPT 2). We require a highly motivated (qualitative) researcher to join the team in Trinity College Dublin in the Centre for Digital Business & Analytics to work on exciting research questions that relates data privacy discourse, privacy settings and business models of digital leaders. ADAPT work is driven by a long-term goal of a Balanced Digital Society by 2030.
This is a unique opportunity to join ADAPT research centre as part of the on Transparent Digital Governance research strand (ADAPT 2). This particular SFI funded post will be hosted in Trinity Business School and the successful candidate will report to Prof. Laurent Muzellec, director of the Centre for Digital Business.
- Contribute to the ADAPT research agenda that pioneers and combines research in AI driven technologies: Natural Language Processing, Video/Text/Image/Speech processing, digital engagement & HCI, semantic modeling, personalisation, privacy & data governance.
- Work with our interdisciplinary team of leading experts from the complementary fields of, Social Sciences, Communications, Commerce/Fintech, Ethics, Law, Health, Environment and Sustainability.
- Leverage our success. ADAPT’s researchers have signed 43 collaborative research projects, 52 licence agreements and oversee 16 active commercialisation funds and 52 commercialisation awards. ADAPT has won 40 competitive EU research projects and obtained €18.5 million in non-exchequer non-commercial funding. Additionally, six spinout companies have been formed. ADAPT’s researchers have produced over 1,500 journal and conference publications and nearly 100 PhD students have been trained.
As an ADAPT researcher you will have access to a network of 85 global experts and over 250 staff as well as a wide multi-disciplinary ecosystem across 8 leading Irish universities. We can influence and inform your work, share our networks and collaborate with you to increase your impact, and accelerate your career opportunities. Specifically we offer:
- Opportunity to build your profile at international conferences and global events
- A solid career pathway through access to continuous training & development, expert one-on-one supervision and exposure to top specialists.
- A strong support system to enhance your confidence, leadership skills and communication abilities.
Informal enquiries about this post should be made to by e-mail to Laurent Muzellec firstname.lastname@example.org
Standard Duties and Responsibilities of the Post
Reporting to the funded investigator, the Researcher will:
- Conduct a specified SFI funded programme of research (ADAPT 2: Transparent Data Governance stream); specifically, collect and analyse data in the areas of privacy discourse, privacy setting, public relations crisis, business model evolutions.
- Enhance their reputation through publishing in top-quality journals and conferences in collaboration with team members Contribute to the development of the next generation of thinkers and innovators through teaching and supervision activities.
- Develop as a researcher through access to a excellent training & development opportunities Build a strong network through opportunities to liaise with internal and external stakeholders including industry and academic partners/collaborators.
- Develop your ideas into projects and establish a strong funding track record with the help of our expert Research Development Team
This position is funded through ADAPT 2 (Science Foundation Ireland).
- The candidates must have a PhD in Social Science (e.g. business or sociology with expertise in quantitative/qualitative data analysis) or related area such as data analytics, qualitative data analytics, business ethics, digital business model, or online consumer behaviour.
- Ability to use (or quickly learn how to use) content analysis software (e.g. Nvivo, MAXQDA, Qualtrics) or LDA techniques (Python)
- Ability to publish in top-tier peer reviewed journals.
Knowledge & Experience (Essential & Desirable)
- A record of international peer-reviewed publication and presentation in top-tier conferences (e.g. ABS list publications)
- Strong interest in and knowledge in digital businesses, business ethic, public relations and business models.
- Mentoring of research students
- Strong interest in trust related aspect within the design and management of Social Networks (i.e. behavioural science, reputation, scoring and rating)
- Participation in writing of grant applications
- Desire to learn about new products, technologies and keep abreast of new products and technical and research developments
- Experience in conducting survey and/ or qualitative data analysis on secondary data (archival sources)
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in English
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Competitive salary
- Computer and peripherals of your choice
- A fast-paced environment with impactful work
- Day Nursery
- Travel Pass Scheme
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Sports Facilities
- 22 days of Annual Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Training & Development
- Staff Discounts
Applicants should submit a full Curriculum Vitae to include the names and contact details of 2 referees (including email addresses), together with a CV, cover letter (1x A4 page) as well as a link to Linkedin profile and to your previous projects.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY VIA https://apply.adaptcentre.ie/apply.php?jobID=RF_DPPD
Applicants should reference RF DPPD in their application