Location: Trinity College Dublin
Level: Post Doc
The ADAPT Centre, the centre for digital content technology, is seeking to appoint a Postdoctoral Research Fellow to conduct research in the areas of computer vision and video processing.
The candidate will be working with leading industry partners on Deep Learning projects in video manipulation/enhancement/object insertion.
This is a unique opportunity to join a research group which has pioneered video and audio technologies now used every day in movie production and by companies such as YouTube and Google. We even have an OSCAR winner in our team!
Standard duties and Responsibilities of the Post
Reporting to his/her Principal Investigator the Researcher will:
- Conduct a specified programme of research under the supervision and direction of the Principal Investigator (PI).
- Support the PI and research group in the design, development and implementation of the research programme.
- Conduct research in the area of video enhancement (video denoising and super-resolution) or video manipulation for seamless removal and insertion of objects in scenes.
- Substantially contribute to the identification of external funding sources and assist in the writing of grant proposals.
- Mentor, assist and supervise postgraduate research students as required.
- Assist the PI in the management/coordination of key aspects of the research programme (e.g. financial management, reporting, equipment management, etc.).
- Engage in the dissemination of the results of the research in which he/she is engaged to the wider research community with the support and under the supervision of the Principal Investigator.
- Engage in appropriate training and development opportunities as required by the Principal Investigator, the School or Research Centre, or the University.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders including academic and industry partners/collaborators as appropriate.
- Carry out administrative work associated with the programme as necessary.
- Participate in ADAPT Centre activities, such as industry showcases and annual reviews.
- Report on progress at meetings and in writing to ADAPT Centre Management.
- Produce top-quality journal and conference publications, in collaboration with the Principal Investigator (PI).
Closing Date: 7th July 2019
Full Job Specification and Application Details.