Location: Trinity College Dublin
The ADAPT Centre, the centre for digital content technology, seeks to appoint a Postdoctoral Research Fellow to conduct research in the area of computer vision and image processing in our Industry facing research team ‘Spokes’. We require a highly motivated researcher to join the team in Trinity College Dublin in the school of Computer Science and Statistics to work in collaboration with industry in an exciting programme of applied research. The candidate should have a mature personal research plan in at least one of the relevant following areas: object detection, recognition and segmentation in image data.
The successful candidate will work alongside the best and brightest talent in language technologies, content analytics, data analytics, adaptivity, personalisation, interoperability, translation, localisation and information retrieval. As a university-based research centre, ADAPT also strongly supports continuous professional development and education. In ADAPT you will develop as an engineer, technically and scientifically. In addition, ADAPT will support you to enhance your confidence, leadership skills and communication abilities.
Informal inquiries about this post should be made to by e-mail to: Ms Monica Lechea, Office Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Candidates must have a PhD in computer science, statistics or related fields with 4 to 10 years research experience (including PhD studies).
Knowledge & Experience (Essential):
- Research experience in machine and deep learning for image processing and computer vision or similar areas including 3D point cloud, pattern detection, recognition and geo-location(Essential)
- Publications in the top conferences (e.g. ICML, CVPR, ICCV) and/or journals (e.g. IEEE Trans. Image Processing, Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, International Journal on Computer Vision) (Essential)
- Excellent programming skills (e.g. C++, python) with experience using deep learning libraries (e.g. caffe, torch, theano etc.) (Essential)
Skills & Competencies
- Proven ability to prioritise workload and work to exacting deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
In order to assist the selection process, applicants should submit a Curriculum Vitae and a Cover Letter (1x A4 page) that specifically address how the candidate’s skills and experience align with the criteria set out above.
Applicants should reference RF-SPOKES in their application to email@example.com.
- Applicants who do not address the application requirements above in their cover letter will not be considered at the short list stage.
- Applicants should note that the interview process for this appointment may include the delivery of a presentation and may include a test of practical skills.
ADAPT is Ireland’s global centre of excellence for digital media technology. Led by TCD, it combines the expertise of researchers at four universities (Trinity College Dublin, Dublin City University, University College Dublin, TU Dublin, Maynooth University, Athlone Institute of Technology and Cork Institute of Technology) with that of its industry partners to produce ground-breaking digital content innovations.
ADAPT brings together more than 220 researchers who collectively have won more than €100m in funding and have a strong track record of transferring world-leading research and innovations to more than 140 companies. With €50M in research funding from Science Foundation Ireland and industry, ADAPT is seeking talented individuals to join its growing research team. Our research and technologies will continue to help businesses in all sectors and drive back the frontiers of future Web engagement.
Further details can be found here.