Location: Trinity College Dublin
Closing Date: 12pm noon (Greenwich Mean Time) on 22 November 2019
Applicantions only accepted by e-recruitment: http://jobs.tcd.ie
The ADAPT Centre, the centre for digital media technology, hosted by the School of Computer Science & Statistics, is seeking to appoint a Marketing and Communications Manager. Effective marketing and communications are vital to the establishment of brand awareness and preference for ADAPT. The role will enhance the established strong relationships and support the reach and global impact of the Centre’s business development, commercialisation, and education & public engagement activities and help raise awareness of the value realised from the Government’s investment in scientific research through SFI. The post‐holder will be responsible for the marketing and communications for the Centre to its industry partners across a range of sectors including ICT, media, gaming & entertainment, localisation, eCommerce, financial services, health and education. The post‐holder will be responsible for the development, implementation and managed delivery of comprehensive media marketing campaigns to raise awareness of ADAPT’s expertise, research activities and programmes, industry and educational impacts and unique brand. The post‐holder will be expected to liaise directly with the communications offices and personnel across ADAPT academic and industry partners, personnel at SFI, as well as the communications offices and personnel at constituent faculties and schools involved in the ADAPT Centre research.
Informal enquiries about this post should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
Standard Duties and Responsibilities of the Post
- Lead the development, management and implementation of an integrated marketing and communications strategy for ADAPT, in line with best practice internationally.
- Lead the development of ADAPT’s reputation and profile in key areas of excellence in the national and international media, in line with ADAPT’s strategic objective to
- establish the Centre as an international hub for digital media technology innovation in research and teaching.
- Lead on media relations for key ADAPT news – develop news releases, photo opportunities, maintain media contacts etc.
- Lead the development of ADAPT's reputation and profile in research excellence in the national and international media to establish an international reputation in select research and teaching fields.
- Develop, implement and manage the delivery of comprehensive media and marketing plans for Centre events, activities, awards and programmes, working with communications offices of industry, academic partners and with SFI to ensure maximum coverage.
- Identification of, and making recommendations on, effective and appropriate marketing opportunities for ADAPT, including those presented by online and social media. Overall management of the vision, strategy and development of the ADAPT website and social media presence.
- Develop and implement industry focused marketing and communications strategies and material for the ADAPT Centre.
- Oversee an annual cycle of market research into, and delivering strategies to respond to, the wants, needs and preferences of specific target audiences.
- Ongoing management and development of ADAPT’s brand identity and reputation among all key stakeholder groups, internally and externally. Key stakeholders include staff, students, media, schools, parents, alumni, government, research bodies, funding agencies, regional development bodies, foundation/donors, industrial partners, etc.
- Overseeing the management and implementation of an internal communications strategy, including the development of appropriate channels to facilitate two-way internal communication across 7 partner institutions to encourage cross‐university and cross‐disciplinary engagement and identify opportunities for collaboration.
- Continue to develop and manage ADAPT’s public affairs strategy.
- Manage the ADAPT Centre’s marketing function to support its strategic objectives.
- Increase attribution of the ADAPT Centre brand and oversee the development and production of integrated marketing campaigns (radio, press, online, social media, and internal communications)
- Manage advertising and promotional campaigns in a variety of media (online and traditional)
- Provision of professional marketing and communications expertise to the ADAPT academics and partners, including advising on marketing and communicaions opportunities, preparing annual marketing and communications plans, and providing appropriate training to staff.
- Manage the marketing budget and track spending to ensure appropriate return on investment
- Management of relevant external consultancy providers, e.g. graphic designers, public relations consultants, advertising agencies, etc., as required.
- Develop promotional material across a broad spectrum of marketing channels and ensure consistent look, feel and messaging
- Build working relationships with relevant staff across the ADAPT Centre to ensure a coordination of all marketing activities and alignment with the Centre’s broader initiatives
- Management of the Marketing and Communications team including the graphic designer, interns etc. and main liaison with Press Offices and Communications Officers in partner universities.
- Candidates appointed to this post must have a relevant primary degree (Marketing and/or Communications).
- A related postgraduate or industry qualification is desirable.
Knowledge & Experience (Essential & Desirable)
- A minimum of six years’ professional experience in a senior marketing and communications role. Candidates must have a demonstrated ability to independently undertake the core duties and responsibilities of the position. (Essential).
- Experience in social media, marketing, brand management, marketing material design and development and media (print, TV, radio, etc.). (Essential).
- Proven ability to manage marketing messages across multiple sectors. (Essential)
- Significant record of success in formulating, managing and delivering branding and marketing strategies with demonstrable results. (Essential).
- Experience in marketing of services and of complex organisations. (Essential).
- People management, supervision and budget management experience. (Essential).
- Proven ability to deliver marketing strategies both to a domestic market and to international markets. (Essential).
- Excellent oral and written skills with experience in making presentations. (Essential).
- Knowledge of the digital media sector would be an advantage.
For full job specification and application details click here