Level: Doctoral Degree
2nd Call – Deadline: 20th February, 2020 @5pm Irish Time.
Do you want to advance your career as a researcher in ICT and have access to top class training and development opportunities? Do you want to gain international and inter-sectoral recognition and develop new ICT products and services? Have you recently finished your PhD and would like to continue your ICT studies into a post-doc level? Then this is a great opportunity for you to become a leader in ICT and help drive the innovation and standards agenda.
ELITE-S is a European research initiative to train and develop the next generation of ICT leaders in Europe. Participation in ELITE-S calls offers candidates several unique benefits:
- Candidates are free to define the content of their proposal according to their own research interests within the research topics below.
- You will be a part of a team of researchers from 6 top Irish universities.
- Robust research and training programme to enhance your skills and employability.
- Widen your international network creating significant long term impact.
- Address EU priorities: 5G, Internet of Things, cloud computing, cybersecurity and data technologies.
- Competitive salary and benefits
The programme is based at the ADAPT Centre (DCU) and will offer 16 prestigious two-year fellowships for incoming mobility to Ireland across two calls over the 60 months’ duration of the programme. Fellowships will be targeted to experienced researchers (ER) and will be offered in the 28 technology and application areas:
- Data Technologies
- Trust and e-Signatures
- Machine Learning
- Semantic Web
- Long Term Data Preservation
- Data Governance
- IT Service Management
- Data Quality and Master Data
- Cloud Computing
- Internet of Things
- Open and Big Data
- Data and Process management
- Content Analytics and Preservation
- Regulations and Compliance
- Digital Health
- Digital Government
- Digital Content
- Smart Cities
- Smart Buildings
- Smart Transport
Projects in these areas can speed up digitisation and have an immediate impact on competitiveness in domains such as eHealth, intelligent transport systems and connected/automated vehicles, smart homes and cities, and advanced manufacturing. If you have a project in one of these areas, we would like to hear from you!
About the ADAPT Centre
The ADAPT Centre, funded by Science Foundation Ireland focuses on developing next generation digital technologies that transform how people communicate by helping to analyse, personalise and deliver digital data more effectively for businesses and individuals. ADAPT researchers are based in four leading universities: Trinity College Dublin, Dublin City University, University College Dublin and Technological University Dublin. ADAPT's transformative tools allow you explore video, text, speech and image data in a natural way across languages and devices, helping companies unlock opportunities that exist within digital content to re-imagine how to connect people, process and data to realise new economic value.
- Have a Doctoral degree or 4-year Full-time research experience;
- Be of any nationality and gender;
- Be a researcher with career breaks or;
- Be a researcher with non-traditional career path (research experience and no doctoral degree) or;
- Be a researcher at Risk (Researcher displaced by conflict);
- NOT have resided or carried out their main activity in the Republic of Ireland for more than 12 months in the 3 years prior to call deadline
- Each applicant may submit one application per call. Resubmissions for subsequent calls are encouraged;
- Go on to the ELITE-S website (http://elite-fellowship.eu/) and choose a supervisor from the list and present your project proposal to him/her;
- Upon receiving support, develop your proposal with the help of your supervisor;
- Download the templates provided on the ELITE-S website and upload pdf files of parts A, B, C and D (more instructions on the Guide for Applicants);
- Submit your application on the ELITE-S website by 20th February 2020 @5pm Irish Time: http://elite-fellowship.eu/
ELITE-S Fellows will be offered fixed-term or specific purpose Research Fellow employment contracts from the host institution of their Supervisor for the duration of the fellowship.
- Living Allowance: € 45,120.00 per year
- Mobility allowance: € 7,200.00 per year*
- Family Allowance: € 6,000.00 per year*
- Fellows will receive management and technical support
*check "Guide for Applicants" for more information on Mobility and Family allowances.
- Open date of Applications: 20th November, 2019
- Application Deadline: 20th February 2020 @5pm Irish Time
- Peer Review*: March 2020
- Interviews*: April 2020
- Fellowships to be awarded*: May 2020
For queries, please contact us at: email@example.com