Location: Trinity College Dublin
Post Title: Content Marketing Internship
Salary: €14 per hour
Hours of work: Casual (10 – 20 hours per week)
Closing date: 7 February 2020
The successful candidate will be required to take up the post as soon as possible.
The ADAPT Centre is seeking a Marketing Intern for Content Marketing Communications on an ad hoc casual status basis. The Marketing Intern will support and assist the Marketing and Communications Manager and Directors of ADAPT with a range of content and digital and social marketing activity activities and events within the ADAPT Centre. The Communications & Marketing department sits within the Commercial team of the ADAPT Centre. The team consists of the Director of Commercialisation, the Head of Design and Innovation, IP Manager, FinTech Fusion Executive Manager, Industry Partnership Manager, and Marketing and Communications Manager.
Informal enquiries about this post should be made to by e-mail to: Ms Lucy Campbell, Marketing & Communications Manager, email@example.com.
Standard Duties and Responsibilities of the post include:
- Contribute to the maintenance and development of content for the ADAPT Centre website.
- Provide support for editing website and images for use on digital channels.
- Develop content for the ADAPT Centre monthly ezine and website news section and coordinate promotional mailings as appropriate such as the monthly external ezine.
- Assist with updating and monitoring of ADAPT Centre social media channels and continue to develop and operate a vibrant and integrated social media presence to promote the ADAPT Centre.
- Monitor SFI, partner, and other research centre's digital and social activities to integrate and co-promote where appropriate.
- Assist with the planning, implementing and measuring of promotional digital campaigns to maximise online lead generation, and drive event participation and audience engagement.
- Assist with the planning, management and promotion of ADAPT Centre events.
- Capture and edit content for the ADAPT Centre YouTube channel.
- Assisting with the production and proofing of promotional literature.
- Ensure ADAPT Centre branding on all communications adheres to regulations and advise members on branding guidelines.
- Undertake other duties as may be required from time-to-time by the ADAPT Centre Director or Director of Commercialisation.
The ideal candidate would be a Business graduate or Business Masters student in Marketing or Communications with demonstrable experience in this area, or who has completed or is currently working on an Industry project/ marketing plan as part of their course work . This position would suit a candidate who seeks additional work experience in a fast paced multi stakeholder and dynamic technology innovation environment.
Candidates should be undergoing or have completed a master’s in Marketing or Communications.
Knowledge & Experience
- The ability to work in a small team
- Possess an ability to communicate technical concepts in a simple and interesting way
- Ability to plan and deliver a multi - channel marketing campaigns to reach specific audience cohorts
- Event marketing
- An interest in innovation and technology within the higher education sector
- Understanding of the reach and impact of academic research
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent social media skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong IT skills including being very comfortable with Microsoft Word and Excel
Candidate are invited to submit a CV and short Cover Letter (1 x A4) which outlines the below to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Demonstratable experience in marketing communications relevant to the role
- Two examples of experience in planning and executing digital marketing campaign using an array of different channels.
Applicants should reference IN-CONMAR in their email.
Further Information for Applicant
ADAPT is Ireland’s global centre of excellence for digital media technology. Led by TCD, it combines the expertise of researchers at four universities (Trinity College Dublin, Dublin City University, University College Dublin, TU Dublin, Maynooth University, Athlone Institute of Technology and Cork Institute of Technology) with that of its industry partners to produce ground-breaking digital content innovations.
ADAPT brings together more than 220 researchers who collectively have won more than €100m in funding and have a strong track record of transferring world-leading research and innovations to more than 140 companies. With €50M in research funding from Science Foundation Ireland and industry, ADAPT is seeking talented individuals to join its growing research team. Our research and technologies will continue to help businesses in all sectors and drive back the frontiers of future Web engagement.